Quizzards Anniversary Quiz
QM: Saurish Das
1) X played with The Kids, a band that enjoyed modest success,in X’s childhood locality Owensboro,Kentucky. X subsequently collaborated with the band Rock City Angels and co-wrote their song "Mary", which appeared on Rock City Angels' debut for Geffen Records titled Young Man's Blues. X has recorded a solo album, played slide guitar on the Oasis song "Fade In-Out" (from Be Here Now, 1997). Identify X.
2) You have heard of The Madrid Derby and Derbi de Berciloni. But which two team plays the Galician derby?
3) "House of Flowers," "A Diamond Guitar" and "A Christmas Memory”. Name the Other short story which complete the above sequence. The Name of the fourth short story also gives the name of the novel which consists of these four short stories.
4) This institution(X) was founded by Sir William Jones on 15th January,1784,in a meeting presided over by Sir Robert Chambers. In 1814,X handed over almost all it’s valuable collections to another institution Y, which was founded by Nathaniel Walich. Name X and Y.
5) Name the country in Asia, where you have to be a Sunni Muslim to be it’s citizen.
6) A fair was held in Paris to celebrate 100th year of the storming of Bastille. What was the name of the fair, and what was it’s entrance gate known as?
7) To commemorate the 20th anniversary of the fall of Berlin wall, Berlin Twitter Wall was set up,to allow Twitter users post their messages. This was used as a platform of protest by huge number of Chinese people.What were they protesting against.
8) A bit of Pre Islamic Indian history: What are the Mahajanapadas?
9) This is Japanese version. What is the name of the original.
10) Who is the only Nazi Party member of be buried in Mount Zion in Jerusalem?
Post your answers as comments in the blog.