PENTATHLON EPISODE 6
QM- Souvik Basu (TEAM QUIZZARDS)
QM- Souvik Basu (TEAM QUIZZARDS)
This is the sixth among the series of quizzes we have planned as part of the celebration of 5 years of the Quizzards_2k4 yahoo group.This is a Business Quiz
1. When it was suggested to X that he might be able to devise superior one his response was to shout, "You want to do away with the only thing that keeps women quiet - their ____!" In spite of his less than respectful attitude toward women, X was ready to do whatever was needed to sell Y. To convince people that women really could operate these intricate mechanisms he used women to demonstrate Y to potential buyers. He advertised that even a child could handle one. Y were also promoted as a timesaver that would leave women with more time to take care of their families.Identify X and Y.X is a person, Y is a product. A blank has been left for obvious reasons.
Ans.X- Issac Singer, Y- Sewing Machine
2. In 2006, ___ started its "turn to 30" campaign to inspire consumers to use cool water so that energy can be saved. In October 2008, ____ launched their new Excel Gel product which can be used in temperatures as low as 15 degrees celsius. This product was launched under the brand's "cold is the new hot" campaign. Which brand?
3. In the movie Ghostbusters , there is a character named "Stay Puft Marshmallow man". Who or what are said to be the inspiration of character ?
Ans. Michelin Man and Pilsbury Dough Boy
4. About this widely used 'product' in World War II, it was said that it could do anything but talk. 'Product' in a very broad sense of the term. The first prototype of it was the Bantam BRC. It is also said to be the oldest SUV. Which product?
5. It was designed by Maurice Wilks. It is said that he was inspired by an American World War II Jeep that he used one summer at his holiday home in Wales. It is considered the second oldest SUV. What is it?
6. An ad of Absolut Vodka. Absolut _______?
7. Identify the advertiser.
8. Joseph started this company in 1875 in New York. The company made watches and clocks. Today its a part of Loews Corporation. However, the company's product still continues to feature in many quizzes because it has a first to its credit. Which company and why?
Bulova paid $4 for the world's first television commercial, a July 1, 1941 placement on New York station WNBT before a baseball game between the Brooklyn Dodgers and Philadelphia Phillies
9. In the game, available on the website, NailTheThief.com, a player is given a chance to hit X's face with rotten eggs as many times possible within 30 seconds.Within days of its launch, the game has already been played more than 100,000 times, with a few playing it over and over again, as per the information on the website of the game. Some have gathered more than 20,000 points in the process.The website has already had more than 4,00,000 hits.
As per the latest data, the top-scorer has managed to hit 18 eggs within the stipulated time.
The website also urges you to challenge your friends and provides the opportunity of winning an i-Pod.X?
Ans. Ramalinga Raju
10. The society's historical mission is "to increase and diffuse geographic knowledge while promoting the conservation of the world's cultural, historical, and natural resources." Its President and CEO since March 1998, John M. Fahey, Jr., says its purpose is to inspire people to care about their planet. The Society is governed by a twenty-three member Board of Trustees composed of a group of distinguished educators, leading business executives, former governmental officials, and conservationists.The Society publishes an official journal (a magazine which bears the same name as the society), and other magazines, books, school products, maps, other publications, web and film products in numerous languages and countries around the world. It also has an educational foundation that gives grants to education organizations and individuals to enhance geography education. Which society?